Each evening, MoDA’s Butlers visit guestrooms to refresh and ready for nightfall.
Refreshing spring water, along with a sweet treat, are placed bedside for guests.
Many of the sweet treats are made in-house by MoDA’s Chefs and include such offerings as caramel popcorn, chocolate biscotti, chocolate nut clusters, chocolate dipped toffee, chocolate and nut bark, as well as a wide variety of freshly baked cookies.
A guest recently emailed this request to The Butler Team:
“Hi there…we checked out earlier today and can’t stop thinking about the peanut butter cookies…we want to make some now :) Can you share the recipe? Thanks so much.”
We forwarded a recipe and thought we’d share with you as well…
- 1 1/2 cups chunky or smooth peanut butter (per your taste)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- handful of Reeses peanut butter cups - crumbled or cut into small pieces onto a separate shallow plate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture, beating to combine. Mix in peanut butter chips.
Scoop dough by the teaspoonful; roll into balls. Dip top of ball into crumbled Reeses peanut butter cups. Place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, rotating halfway through, until lightly golden, ^10 minutes. (Not quite sure of the baking time in a home oven - you will have to watch). Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Enjoy….and imagine how much better they would taste if served to you by a MoDA Butler!